Kelli Scheid Smith
Kelli is a partner in Arent Fox’s Business Department. She represents clients in a wide variety of commercial transactions, including corporate structuring, finance, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, licensing, and other corporate matters. She also advises clients in the acquisition, sale, and leasing of commercial real estate, as well as in sports-related transactions.
Some of Kelli’s recent matters include representing:
- F. Korbel & Bros. in connection with the sale of Kenwood Vineyards to Pernod Ricard
- The Science Channel in connection with the acquisition and license-back of the HOW IT’S MADE trademark and related assets
- Fashion companies, including Diane von Furstenberg, Diesel, Escada, and Lacoste, in connection with licensing and general corporate matters
- The Buccini/Pollin Group in connection with the acquisition, financing, and sale of hotel, office, and other commercial properties
- Fannie Mae in connection with the leasing of commercial and retail office space
- Choice Hotels in connection with the development of Cambria Suites hotels
- The Brooklyn Nets in connection with the leasing and development of a multi-million-dollar, 70,000-square-foot practice facility
- The Charlotte Bobcats and Memphis Grizzlies in connection with NBA league-wide financing matters
- PPL EnergyPlus in connection with sponsorship and naming rights with respect to PPL Park, home of the MLS Philadelphia Union
Before joining Arent Fox, Kelli was a financial analyst at FleetBoston Financial (now Bank of America).
Kelli is a member of the firm’s Pro Bono Committee. She previously served as a member of the firm’s Associates Committee.
Bar & Court Admissions
District of Columbia Bar
University of Virginia School of Law, JD, 2007
Duke University, AB, 2001